Sunday, April 14, 2013

Yeah, we got that!

legal books are our specialtyWhen was the last time you really, truly received true customer satisfaction?  I mean, really?!  You walk into a store, don't see what you need and attendant is within arm's reach who knows what you're talking about and wants to help you.  Not, helps-you-because-it's-their-job...no, helps you because they're there to serve you, the customer.  I can remember maybe three times in my life it was like that.  Thing is, it's like that every day at our law library.  Sure it is.  I love my job and I'm here to serve you, our adoring customers.  Don't believe me?  Well, let me elucidate.

Say you come into our law library looking for a book dealing with motor and mobile home laws called Shepard's Mobile Homes and Mobile Home Parks (Shepard's, KF 2042 .T7545).  Well, knowing my collection as I do I say, "Sure, we've got that!" and I lead you over to aisle C14B and in no time you're in mobile home bliss.

Let's try another one.  Say you come into our law library looking for an obscure book that deals with common law pleading called Handbook of Common Law Pleading by Shipman (West, KF 8870 .S45 1923) and I think to myself, "Dang but this person really knows their stuff asking about the granddaddy of all books on how to plead the common counts."  Again, knowing my collection as I do I say, "Sure, we've got that" and again, as it turns out, I lead you over to the collapsible shelving and in no time you're in common counts bliss.

The deer-in-the-headlights-look happens to everyoneOne more before we go?  Say you come to our law library with that deer-in-the-headlights look.  Yeah, I know the look because I see it at least 10 times a day.  So, I walk over to you and ask how I can help ('cause that's how I roll).  You mumble something about getting bit by a dog and you're looking for help with filing a lawsuit against the owner.  Knowing my collection as I do I say, "Sure, we've lots of those!" and I lead you over to Neighbor Law (Nolo Press, KF639 .Z9J67), Every Dog's Legal Guide (Nolo Press, KF390.5 .D6R36), Personal Injury: actions defenses, damages (Lexis, KF8925 .P4F7), and California Practice Guide: Personal Injury (West, KFC311 .C34).

Yep, you can find a whole lot at your local county law library.  All you need to do is get the courage to walk through the front doors (and we'll take it from here).

No comments:

Post a Comment